If you need to make a payment for a business purpose other than travel or entertainment, such as an honorarium to a visiting speaker, please complete a Check Request Form and submit it to LBS for processing.
Library Policy on Memberships
The Library may pay for institutional memberships in organizations, excluding social organizations, if a genuine business purpose can be established. Requests for individual or personal membership must be submitted using a Travel Pre-approval Request.
To request payment of an institutional membership:
- Fill out the membership form and a Check Request Form. Indicate the business purpose on the Check Request Form.
- Have the Check Request Form authorized by your AUL/Director.
- Submit the completed forms to Library Business Services, 110 Doe Library, MC 6000.
Questions? Contact LBS Staff at 2-5535 or email@example.com
Library Policy on Donation/Sponsorship Requests
The Library may be asked to donate to professional organizations, foundations, and projects at the local, state, national, or international level. Most prior requests have been related to sponsoring a conference, advancing a library-related issue or initiative, or assisting a peer institution after a disaster.
In general, the Library is not in a position to donate money to other entities. One-time exceptions may be made when:
- Library staff garner some benefit (such as discounted conference registration fees)
- Library staff are in leadership roles for the organization or activity (such as conference chair)
- Library Cabinet previously agreed to be a host or co-host of the event or activity (often because they are held in the region)
When exceptions are approved, $500 is the recommended maximum. Per campus policy, donations to non-profit organizations must be supported by a short letter describing the specific business purpose for the donation; this letter to be written by the Library staff member making the request. Funds must come from non-state allocation such as gift or endowment funds, and from the library or unit most closely related to the request. If that library or unit supports the request but does not have such funds or is seeking approval for a higher amount, the request with rationale should be submitted via their AUL/Director for Library Cabinet consideration.
To request payment for an approved donation/sponsorship:
- Complete a Check Request Form or provide an invoice from the receiving organization.
- Provide a short letter describing the specific business purpose for the donation.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit these documents to Library Business Services, 110 Doe Library, MC 6000.