The Library Human Resources Department (LHRD) provides our internal staff and academic clients with comprehensive human resources services in the areas of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and staff development in support of the Library and campus goals and programs.
To achieve this purpose we:
- Cooperate with other Library units to integrate effective human resources management into all Library operations
- Cultivate the resources of our staff, emphasize opportunities, development, potential, openness to change
- Assist Library administrators and managers in assuring that we are using our academic and staff resources for maximum benefits to all
- Foster an environment that promotes a well trained, productive, informed and mutually cooperative workforce
- Clarify and implement personnel policies and programs to support Library success
- Assist Library Staff in achieving positive and effective problem resolution
For general inquiries, email our office. You may also browse our list of staff to send an email to anyone directly.
Library Human Resources Department
110 Doe Library
Phone: (510) 642-3778
Office hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.