Where: David Brower Center, 2150 Allston Way, Berkeley CA
When: 8:30am – 5:00pm, Friday, October 25, 2013
- Welcome Remarks, Tom Leonard, and Opening Keynote, Steve Hiller
- Panel Discussion with Joanne Miller, Lyn Paleo, and Merrilee Proffitt
- Lightning Talks: Joe Cera, Stephanie Rosenblatt and April Cunningham, Lynn Jones and Susan Edwards, Adam Siegel
- Breakout Session: Small Data Assessment and Action Research, Stephanie Rosenblatt and April Cunningham
- Closing Keynote: "Empowerment Assessment," David Fetterman
As the economic crisis of the past few years has shrunk university budgets, university libraries have increasingly faced demands to demonstrate their worth. But what data is relevant to proving value? Can librarians and library administrators collect that information? Once collected, how do we use it? Is assessment most relevant on a system-wide or department level, or can it be useful on a smaller scale that informs our daily tasks? How can we tell if the data we collect is not leaving important information out?
Please join the Librarians Association of the University of California, Berkeley Division as we explore the theory and practice of assessment, with an eye to emerging trends and practical solutions.
The conference program includes two keynote speeches, a panel discussion, poster sessions, lightning talks and breakout sessions.
- Steve Hiller, Director of Assessment and Planning, University Libraries, University of Washington
- David Fetterman, Fetterman & Associates, author of Empowerment Evaluation
- Panel Discussion featuring Merrilee Proffitt, OCLC; Joanne Miller, California Digital Library; and Lyn Paleo, Evaluation Research and Training.
- Lightning talks plus breakout sessions by April Cunningham (Saddleback College) and Stephanie Rosenblatt (Cerritos College); University of California librarians Adam Siegel (Davis) ; Lynn Jones and Susan Edwards (Berkeley); and Joe Cera and Michael Lindsey (Berkeley).
- Posters presented by University of California librarians Elizabeth McMunn-Tetangco, Sara Davidson and Susan Mikkelsen (UC Merced); Janet Martorana (UCSB); Elaine Franco (UC Davis); Cynthia Johnson and Christina Woo (UC Irvine); and Suzanne Im, Angela Boyd and Yolanda Blue (UC Santa Barbara)
Registration is now closed. Please contact Michael Sholinbeck (email@example.com) with any questions.