- How the Web Works - Learn about algorithms, platforms, databases, search engines, and URLs to better understand how information moves online.
- Creating Web Content - Explore basic web elements like HTML, CSS, and how to use your Gmail editor to create richer multimedia content.
- Remixing Online Content - How to seamlessly (and ethically) integrate images and text from others into your own online work.
You already know how to search... but research requires skills that don't involve searching at all. This short guide will help you get started with research at Cal, along with five simple tips to survive (and thrive) in your research.
Suggested assignments, exercises, and readings for faculty who would like to assign the topics above in their courses.
- Level Up & Digital Literacy Support - For guides, consultations, and instruction related to digital literacies and the Level Up program.
- Library Data & GIS Support - Get help with GIS, research data management, and finding data and computational text analysis resources.
- Academic Innovation Studio (Dwinelle Hall) - Connecting UC Berkeley instructors, researchers and academic support staff to foster innovation in teaching, learning and research.
- Berkeley Institute for Data Science (BIDS, Doe Library) - Offering training and lectures on advanced topics in the data sciences.
- Berkeley Research Computing - Consulting for faculty, postdocs, grad students, and research staff to facilitate access to computing resources, such as high-performance computing and cloud computing environments.
- Center for Teaching & Learning - Partnering with faculty to inspire, enrich, and innovate Berkeley’s collective practice and pursuit of teaching excellence.
- Data Science Courses - Enroll in Berkeley classes to learn new computational and analytic approaches to a vast array of forms, scales, and sources of data.
- Digital Humanities at Berkeley - Consulting and resources to support digital tools and methodologies in humanistic inquiry.
- D-Lab (Barrows Hall) - Offering workshops and working groups to help social scientists collect, process and visualize data.
- Educational Technology Services - Supporting bCourses, classroom technology, academic integrity, and much more related to academic technology.
- GSI Teaching & Resource Center - Helps graduate students transition to teaching as GSIs at UC Berkeley as well as developing their teaching skills for future academic and nonacademic careers.
- Research Data Management - Helping researchers navigate the increasingly complex landscape of data planning, storage, and sharing
- Student Technology Services - Get tech help from Student Technology Consultants.