Endpoint Solutions & Spaces provides; 24 x 7 support and full-range IT consultation services to the 23 general libraries (and certain affiliates). Servers have redundancy/failover in the event of an outage.
Contact us: Email: email@example.com
ESS staff and student employees authorized to work on Library computers and system.
Services offered by Endpoint Solutions & Spaces
- Orders for new equipment and equipment upgrades, equipment moves, adds, and changes (this includes but are not limited to personal computers, printers, book scanners, smart devices, software, and peripherals).
- New computer user IDs and passwords, server connections, file server connections, network requests, reports, and application problems.
- Data backup and data restoration services (staff, departmental, and digital assets).
- Network jack activation, IP Address Management, DNS, in collaboration with IST.
- Physical network consultation, ordering, installation (in collaboration with IST).
- Library computing inventory services (staff and public).
- Library provided mobile device support - including but not limited to iOS and Android (WIFI setup/troubleshooting, Google/WIFI key creation, email setup, other general questions).
- Macintosh Desktop Service Support (staff and public).
- Windows Desktop Service Support (staff and public).
- Windows image creation with specialized library software applications (for staff and public computing environments - including imaging for laptop lending and classrooms).
- Macintosh image creation (for staff and public computing environments - including imaging for laptop lending).
- Conference room setup and support (computing and audio/video).
- Campus WIFI support/configuration for library devices.
- Campus WIFI printing setup and support (including refunds).
- Manage/administer printers in collaboration with UCSF (local\netowork). This includes Mobile Print.
- Public/Mobile print support in collaboration with ETS.
- Exhibit planning and setup.
- Environmental/Building services - building security, people counters, cameras, computer control mechanisms for lighting and HVAC systems.
- Special computing projects and support (e.g. microscope computing, forensics systems, digital- preservation system installation and testing, born-digital assistance)
- Liaison as service providers to the library.
- Retro-computing: Extracting data from obsolete systems/technology.
- Event support in collaboration with the Library Communications Office.
- Provide technical training to library staff.
- Network security for library devices