For non-represented staff, Achieve Together check-in conversations occur three times per year and are completed within one month of the end of each check-in period. More information on the Achieve together Check-in periods can be found on Berkeley's People & Culture website.
Library Human Resources issues an annual Call for Performance Appraisals, requesting submission of completed performance appraisals for represented, non-academic staff employees. The evaluation period under review is the 12-month fiscal year (FY) period, July 1 of the preceding year through June 30 of the current year.
Performance Management Forms
Appraisals may be submitted on one of the following Performance Appraisal Form options:
- Non-represented staff employees: Achieve Together Online Dashboard appropriate for all non-represented staff employees (see FAQ)
- Represented staff employees:
- Performance evaluation form (1): appropriate for all represented employees, except Teamsters/CUE-represented employees
- Performance evaluation form (2): appropriate for all represented employees, including Teamsters/CUE-represented employees
Performance Management Cycle
The Library’s performance appraisal process is aligned with the Berkeley campus’ Performance Management Cycle and is initiated with Phase III: Assessment.
Along with a written assessment based on the past year’s performance , supervisors should set the groundwork for the next year’s cycle as outlined in Phase I Planning.
Performance Management Resources
- Personnel Policies for Staff Members, Policy 23 – Performance Management
- Managing the performance review process for represented employees
- Bargaining Units and Current Contracts
Behavioral Anchors for Ten Core Competencies
Competencies continue to provide the underpinning of goal achievement and although they are not technically integrated for rating on the current Performance Planning and Review Form; the performance dimensions of the core competencies can be integrated into goals for measures of achievement and ratings on established goals.