The UC Berkeley Library has a unified news blog powered by Wordpress, and hosted by Pantheon. Jesse Loesberg in Library Communications is the Blog Manager. Please email Jesse if you'd like access to an existing blog category, or would like a new category created.
Key excerpts from the Library Blog Policy
- Current UC Berkeley Library and Affiliated Library staff are eligible to request a blog category in support of work-related communications.
- As a general matter, you may post work-related content freely to your blog category, so long as you represent yourself accurately, and the content is not illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or otherwise injurious or objectionable.
- The UC Berkeley Library believes deeply in free speech and does not pre-screen or regularly review posted content. However, the Library has the right to remove at its sole discretion any content that it considers to violate these Terms or the terms of any other University policy that governs your use of the campus networks.
- Bloggers are required to check facts, present balanced views, acknowledge and correct errors, and check spelling and grammar before actual posting. While quotes from related websites and blogs are encouraged, bloggers are expected to do due diligence to credit their sources.
- Bloggers understand that all content posted to the blog is the sole responsibility of the individual who posted the content. Bloggers understand, also, that all opinions expressed by other users of this site are expressed strictly in their individual work-related capacities, and not as representatives of the UC Berkeley Library.
- The Blog site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The UC berkeley Library will support sites as long as they are being widely used and will provide 6 months notice if support is discontinued. The UC Berkeley Library will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use this site. You expressly agree that you use this site solely at your own risk.
- When the UC Berkeley Library publicly displays, publicly performs, reproduces or distributes copies of your Content, or Content as incorporated into a collective work, the Library will make its best efforts to credit your authorship. You grant UC Berkeley Library permission to use your name for such attribution purposes. RSS aggregators are allowed to copy, distribute, display any Content on your blog that you syndicate using RSS. All Content on your blog is syndicated for RSS aggregation unless you change your settings to indicate otherwise.