New Directions Snapshots
The Library's New Roles in Supporting Research & Scholarly Communication
1. Interdisciplinary & multidisciplinary research
2. Support for eScience, eEverything
3. Intellectual property, copyright & scholarly communications
4. Library technology support for faculty publishing
5. Digitization & preservation
The Library.s New Roles in Supporting Teaching & Learning
1. Library space & student needs
2. Offer library resources in the places students frequent
3. Offer students more online services
4. Enhancing undergraduate student learning
Overarching New Directions for the Library
1. What is the Library's role in discovery?
2. Do we need an assessment program?
3. Library space & its relationship to services
New Roles and Opportunities for Library Staff
1. Cultural, organizational & values changes
2. What is the future of jobs in the University Library?
3. Support & training needed to better pursue new directions
4. How do we better promote/market the Library to our community?