Deleting a File from the Repository, Staging, and the Library Web
Removing a file can accomplish the following tasks with a single SmartSVN commit operation:
- Removing the file from the current project revision
- Eliminating the file from your staging area
- Eliminating the file from your production site
- Optionally deleting the file from your local working copy folder
After committing a removal, your staging area immediately reflects the elimination of the removed file. The file is eliminated from your production site at the next scheduled production delivery time.
- Highlight the file you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- In the popup window, indicate whether you want to 1) remove the file from version control and delete the file from your working copy folder, or 2) remove the file from version control without deleting your local copy. Click Remove.
- SmartSVN sets the local state of the file to Removed and turns the file's icon pale red as a reminder that the removal still needs to be committed to the repository.
- Commit the file removal to the repository.
- SmartSVN shows the local state of the new file is Unchanged, confirming the new file is now under version control in the project repository.
Next: Deleting a Local File