Adding a New File
Because SmartSVN monitors the contents of your working copy folder and its subfolders, you can copy any file (or even an entire folder) from the filesystem into any part of your working copy folder hierarchy and SmartSVN will detect the presence of the new file(s), making it easy for you to add the file(s) to your project repository.
- Outside of SmartSVN, copy the new file into the desired location within your working copy folder. In Windows, for example, drag the new file from its current location and drop it onto the working copy folder.
- The new file appears in the Files pane with a local state of Unversioned, indicating it is not yet under version control.
- Highlight the new file and click the Add button.
- SmartSVN sets the local state of the file to Added and turns the file's icon pale red as a reminder that the file still needs to be committed to the repository.
- Commit the new file to the repository.
- SmartSVN shows the local state of the new file is Unchanged, confirming the new file is now under version control in the project repository.