If your LCMS administrator has already installed SmartSVN on your workstation, you're ready to connect to your Subversion repository. If not, here's how to install SmartSVN.
SmartSVN requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4.1 or higher. The Windows installer for SmartSVN includes JRE; you don't need to install it separately.
Download the SmartSVN Windows installer:
- If you're using SmartSVN, exit the application. If you're not using the application but see a SmartSVN icon in your lower right-hand System Tray, right-click the icon and select Exit SmartSVN.
- Select the download link above and click the Run button.
- Click the Next > button to start the installation process.
- The "Explorer Integration" and "Status Cache" features are optional. To disable them, click the Explorer Integration icon and select Entire feature will be unavailable. Click the Next > button.
- Click Install to complete the installation.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- If you're asked to choose a SmartSVN edition when you start SmartSVN for the first time, select the option for the Free Professional edition.
Mac OS X
SmartSVN can be installed in just about any folder on your Mac. In the following example, SmartSVN is downloaded to the Desktop and installed in the Applications folder.
Download SmartSVN for Mac OS X:
- Double-click the SmartSVN archive icon (or hold down the control key and click the mouse) to open the downloaded archive.
- The archive is unpacked automatically.
- On the Finder menu, click File and select New Finder Window.
- In the Finder window, drag the SmartSVN application from the SmartSVN folder to the Applications folder.
- Click the Applications folder. SmartSVN can be started by double-clicking the SmartSVN application icon.
This section is under construction.
Next: Connecting to the Repository