Possible Future Developments in Millennium
1. Outsourcing Authority Control
- In order to control the quality of our authority records the ILS Steering Committee will consider the feasibility of outsourcing our Authority Record management in the future. An RFP has gone out and responses are under consideration as of fall 2011.
2. Book cover display
- Millennium software can display book covers along with titles, but this was not pursued during implementation for cost reasons.
3. Virtual bookplating
- Some Millennium libraries have an online graphic book plate.
4. Universal paging
- Proposed forming a team to look at what it would take to implement campus paging spring 2011. Admin postponed this until Universal Return is well tested.