VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Use the campus VPN client to remotely access UCB Only article databases, electronic journals, etc.
Download and install the campus VPN client:
Always choose the Library VPN option.
- Instructions for Windows computers
- Instructions for Macintosh computers
- Instructions for iPad
- Instructions for the Android OS
- Download the VPN client for Linux computers
Use the VPN client:
- Always run VPN before using article databases, electronic journals, etc.
- Use your CalNet ID to log into the VPN
- Disconnect VPN when your session is finished
Who may use the VPN:
- Current UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff
Who may not use the VPN:
- Current Lawrence Berkeley National Lab employees must use the LBNL VPN service.
- People not currently affiliated with UC Berkeley