VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Use the campus VPN client to remotely access licensed article databases, electronic journals, etc., that are for use by UC Berkeley students, faculty and staff. You must abide by the Library's conditions of use and licensing restrictions for electronic resources.
If you connect to the Internet through CalVisitor, you will not be able to access licensed library resources, or use the campus VPN client to access licensed library resources.
Download and install the campus VPN client:
- Instructions for Windows computers
- Instructions for Macintosh computers
- Instructions for iPad
- Instructions for the Android OS
- Download the VPN client for Linux computers
Use the VPN client:
Always choose the Library VPN option.
- Always run VPN before using article databases, electronic journals, etc.
- Use your CalNet ID to log into the VPN
- Disconnect VPN when your session is finished
Who may use the VPN:
- Current UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff
Who may not use the VPN:
- Current Lawrence Berkeley National Lab employees must use the LBNL VPN service.
- People not currently affiliated with UC Berkeley