Special Library Access (SLA) staff may be contacted by phone Monday - Friday, between 8am and 5pm PST., or by email at: email@example.com
The Special Library Access Service (SLA) provides fee-based access to the resources of the UC Berkeley Libraries to libraries, information centers, corporations, and other organizations on a subscriber basis.
What SLA Offers
- Access to 10,000,000+ volumes in more than 20 libraries on the Berkeley campus.
- Expedited loan and photoduplication service for UCB materials. Requests filled or reported on within 24-48 hours from time of receipt. Books sent via FedEx; scans sent electronically. Rush processing and rush delivery available: see SLA Costs, below.
- "Special Rush" service when you require particularly rapid turnaround.
- Ordering is fast and convenient via:
- Detailed monthly statement of charges and current account balance.
- Thorough and extensive bibliographic checking of requests. For volumes not owned by the UC Berkeley Libraries, we provide citation verification and location information whenever possible. We do not provide materials owned by other UC campuses. SLA is not a research service and only performs such research as is required to fill specific requests.