RLCP - Research Library Cooperative Program
UCB faculty, academic staff and graduate students can borrow directly from the Stanford University Library using the Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP). Eligible patrons may also visit Stanford and UT Austin in person, and check out library material.
- UCB faculty, academic staff and graduate students are eligible for the program.
- All other UCB patrons, including undergraduates and visiting scholars, are not eligible.
- Request and receive Stanford material quickly and efficiently through unmediated requests or interlibrary loan.
- Make in-person visits to Stanford and UT Austin, to access their library collections and check out material.
- Materials from Stanford are delivered for pickup at the Main Circulation Desk in Doe Library.
- Materials from UT Austin may be picked up at the Interlibrary Services department, 133 Doe Library.
Access to Collections
- UC Berkeley students using Stanford: No registration is necessary to request materials or scans from materials located at Stanford. You may also use your Cal1 Card in-person at Stanford.
- UC Berkeley patrons visiting UT Austin: Apply for a UT Austin RLCP account by emailing email@example.com. Find more information on UT Austin's RLCP page.
- UT Austin patrons visiting UC Berkeley: Present proof of your RLCP eligibility and current academic status at the Privileges Desk (Doe Library, Floor 1). Or contact the Privileges RLCP staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your visit to schedule an appointment for borrowing card initiation at the Privileges Desk.
- Stanford University faculty, academic staff, and graduate students visiting UC Berkeley: Your Stanford University ID serves as your UC Berkeley library card which gives borrowing privileges at the UC Berkeley Libraries.
- To borrow from Stanford, find holdings at Stanford via SearchWorks.
- Fill out the RLCP online request form
- Enter your UCB ID number from your Cal1Card for the “RLCP Card Number or ID#” field.
- Select “Stanford University” as the “Holding institution” on the second page of the form.
- Include as complete a citation as possible for each book or scan requested.
- Fill out the RLCP online request form
- To borrow from UT Austin, submit your request for UTA materials through the Interlibrary Borrowing unit. Find holdings at UT Austin using their online catalog.
Pick up materials
RLCP patrons will be notified when Stanford loans are available for pick-up at the Main Circulation Desk in Doe Library, in about a week. UT Austin loans may be picked up at the Interlibrary Services department, 133 Doe Library. Articles will be posted to the web and a secure link and access information will be emailed to the address provided when the request was made.
UC Berkeley users should return RLCP material from Stanford via the Book Return chute at the Main Circulation Desk in Doe Library. UT Austin material should be returned to Interlibrary Services, 133 Doe Library. Users are responsible for materials until they have been returned to the library from which they were borrowed. We recommend you ask for a receipt at the Circulation Desk when returning materials. This will absolve you of responsibility for payment if an item becomes lost in the return process.
Renew Stanford materials
To renew Stanford material, please follow the directions below
- Go to My Account.
- Click on “Forgot your PIN?”
- Enter your Library ID (the Coop Card #)
- Click “Reset PIN.” This will trigger an email to the address attached to your library account.
- Click on the link in the email and set your PIN.
- You may then log into your account at library.stanford.edu/libraryaccount
You may also renew Stanford materials by e-mailing email@example.com. List each book by author, title, and barcode number. You will be notified of the new due dates.
Renew UT Austin materials
For UT Austin books obtained through Interlibrary Borrowing, request renewals via MY ILL. Please submit renewal requests several days before the item's due date.