RLCP - Research Library Cooperative Program
133 Doe Library
UCB faculty, academic staff and graduate students can borrow directly from Stanford and the University of Texas at Austin library collections using the Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP).
- UCB faculty, academic staff and graduate students are eligible for the program
- All other UCB patrons, including undergraduates and visiting scholars, are not eligible.
- Request and receive material quickly and efficiently through unmediated requests, interlibrary loan, and/or on-site visits.
- Make direct borrower-to-library requests for book loans and electronic document delivery service online.
- Materials from Stanford or UT Austin are delivered for pickup at the Main Circulation Desk in Doe Library.
- Stanford: No registration is necessary to request materials or scans from materials located at Stanford.
- UT Austin: Follow these steps to register to borrow materials from UT Austin.
- Apply for a UT Austin RLCP account by completing the online application form.
- Establish a UT Austin electronic ID (UT EID) by completing the application on the Get a UT EID page.
- Email your UT EID to UT Austin’s Circulation Department at email@example.com to finish the registration process.
- After completing the process above, patrons are able to submit RLCP requests within two business days.
- To borrow from UT Austin, you must first register for an account (see above). No registration is necessary for borrowing from Stanford
- Find holdings at Stanford via SearchWorks or at UT Austin using their online catalog.
- Fill out the RLCP online request form
- Enter your UCB ID number from your Cal1Card for the “RLCP Card Number or ID#” field
- Select “Stanford University” or “UT Austin” as the “Holding institution” on the second page of the form as appropriate.
- Include as complete a citation as possible for each book or scan requested.
Picking up materials
RLCP patrons will be notified when loans are available for pick-up at the Main Circulation Desk in Doe Library, in about a week. Articles will be posted to the web and a secure link and access information will be emailed to the address provided when the request was made.
UC Berkeley users should return RLCP material from Stanford or UT Austin via the Book Return chute at the Main Circulation Desk in Doe Library. Users are responsible for materials until they have been returned to the library from which they were borrowed. We recommend you ask for a receipt at the Circulation Desk when returning materials. This will absolve you of responsibility for payment if an item becomes lost in the return process.
Renewals for Stanford Materials
Renew books from Stanford by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. List each book by author, title and barcode number.
Renewals or Recalls for UT Austin Materials
Renew UT Austin books by sending an email to email@example.com or online on the UT Direct website. To renew books online, you will need your 12-digit UT Austin ID number and the ten-digit item number for each book. This information can be found on the orange band wrapped around the front cover of the book.
Recall books from UT Austin by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a complete citation of the book you want to recall. The item will be shipped to UC Berkeley as soon as it becomes available.