Duplication and Microfilm Reproduction
Duplication of material in the UC Berkeley collection may be requested using the Duplication Request Form. Scanned images are posted to the web, and the requestor is sent a secure, temporary link and access instructions.
- UC Berkeley’s Digital Imaging Lab (DIL) produces high-resolution images (up to publication quality) from bound and unbound originals.
- $40.00 per single-image scan from bound original
- $35.00 per single-image scan from unbound original
- Turnaround time for DIL projects is approximately seven (7) business days, though this may vary depending on the work load.
- Rush processing is available, though this will double the cost of the project.
- Pre-payment is required on a case-by-case basis.
- Accepted forms of payment are credit card, check, and departmental re-charge accounts.
Microfilm reproduction is available for any item for which we have a master negative microfilm copy (monographs, newspapers, etc.). We provide a positive copy, and the charge is $125.00 per reel for US requests, and $130.00 per reel if we are shipping outside the US.