the UC History Digital Archives
the UC History Digital Archives

Home > General History > Overview and Timelines > Chronological Timeline


 

1911 Citrus Experiment Station at Riverside officially named; John Webber appointed first director.
1912 School of Jurisprudence (now School of Law) established at Berkeley.
  Extension Division established.
1914 Agriculture Extension Service supported jointly by University and U.S. Department of Agriculture.
  School of Education organized at Berkeley.
1917 University of California Hospital opened in San Francisco.
1919 David Prescott Barrows elected President of the University upon Wheeler's resignation.
  Los Angeles State Normal School became Southern Branch of the University of California; Ernest Carroll Moore named first director (title changed to vice-president and director in 1930, to vice-president and provost in 1931).
  College of Letters and Science established at Los Angeles.

 


the UC History Digital Archives

Copyright © 1999-2005
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Last updated 05/28/04.