Proxy setup - Firefox in Mac
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server.
This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Your web browser must be set to accept all cookies. If you'd prefer not to do that, consider using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) system rather than the proxy server.
- These instructions will work for Mac OS 10.6.8 ("Snow Leopard") through Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks.
- Pull down the Firefox menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced icon.
- Click on the Network tab.
- Under Connection, click Settings.
- In the Configure Proxies to Access the Internet window, click on Automatic proxy configuration.
- Type or paste in the following URL:
- Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces before or after the URL.
- Click Reload and OK to save your changes, or if the Reload button is grayed out, just click OK.
- Close the dialog box.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-4 above.
In step 5, click on No proxy.
Click OK, then close the dialog box.