Proxy setup - Firefox in Windows
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server
This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Your web browser must be set to accept all cookies. If you'd prefer not to do that, consider using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) system rather than the proxy server.
- Depending on which version of Windows you are using, pull down the Firefox menu or the Tools menu and select Options.
- Click on the Advanced icon.
- Click on the Network tab.
- Under Connection, click Settings.
- Click on the radio button for Automatic proxy configuration URL.
- Type or paste in the following URL:
- Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces before or after the URL.
- Click Reload and then OK to close the Connection Settings dialog box, or if the Reload button is grayed out, just click OK.
- Click OK to close the Options dialog box
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-4 above.
In step 5, click on No proxy.
Click OK, then OK again to close the dialog box.