Enabling a view
Enabling a Page View so that it will display on a page
To make a Page View actually appear on a page, start by clicking on the Add Display button.
At this point, the Page tab should automatically be selected. Since the page's path hasn't been created yet, a dialog box will appear letting you know that you need to create one. Under Page settings > Path, click on the None link.
A dialog box will open up. Enter the path name that you would like to use, and click the Update button.
To assign a menu setting (or to let the system know that no menu entry will be needed), click on the Page settings > No Menu link.
Use the Page: Menu item dialog box to:
- Select the desired menu entry type (or you can choose to use none).
- Type in a title to use if a menu entry is desired.
- Add a short description.
- Determine which menu to use (Primary Links or something else).
- The weight of the menu item.
Click the Update button to save your settings.
Click the Save button to save your View.
Enabling a Block View
This View type can be configured in the same way as any other Block.
Go to admin > site building > block > list. Your new Block View should appear in the list of Blocks, in the Disabled section.
Select the location where you would like the block to appear.
If you have more than one Block in that location and you would like to alter the order the Blocks will be displayed, use the "handles" to move the Blocks into the desired order.
Click the Save blocks button.
Click on the Configure link to change the settings, including:
- Block title (if you want to use one).
- Which user role(s) can view the Block (if you want to impose such a restriction).
- Which page(s) will display the Block (if you don't want the Block to appear on all of the pages on your site).
Click the Save block button.