- Seating for reading and studying
- 9 microform reader-scanners, including software for scanning to a USB flash drive, or printing
- Networked computer workstations for library research and Internet access
- Airbears2 wireless connectivity
- It is recommended that patrons bring a USB drive for scanning.
Newspapers received on the issue date:
- New York Times
- San Jose Mercury News
- Oakland Tribune
- Daily Californian
- San Francisco Chronicle
Some newspapers are received in newsprint within 1 to 8 weeks after publication.
All newsprint newspapers are for room use only.
The newsfilm collection includes international, national and local newspapers, archival and current. Current titles are usually received about 3 months after publication.This collection is arranged geographically in two sections:
- United States alphabetically by state, then by city, then by title
- International by country, city and title
Government Document Microfiche:
- U.S. and foreign governmental documents (including patents)
- Federal Register
- United Nations microfiche
Notable Monographs and Serials:
- English Short Title Catalog (STC), 1475-1641 and 1641-1745
- Selected National Archives and Records Administration sets
- Four Centuries of Spanish Drama
- Three Centuries of Early American Plays
Indexes and Microform Guides:
Print indexes for selected newspapers are available, and there is a substantial collection of printed guides to individual microfilm/fiche/opaque sets.