Lost and Found
The Lost and Found for the Doe Library, Moffitt Library, and Main (Gardner) Stacks is located at the south entrance security desk on the 1st floor of Doe Library. You can reach the desk by:
- phone at (510) 643-9296
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Items found in Doe Library, Moffitt Library, and Main (Gardner) Stacks will be kept by library security in a secure location where they are tagged with the current date and entered into the Lost and Found database. If an item has any identifying information (student IDs, books or notebooks with names written in them, wallets, purses, etc.), a staff member will attempt to contact the owner via phone or campus email.
- Photo identification is required to pick up lost items.
- Valuable items are kept for one week and then will be taken to the Lost and Found at UCPD.
- UCB IDs will be taken to the CalNet Office.
- Any remaining items will be donated or disposed of after 90 days (30 days for water bottles).
If you believe you have had items stolen from you in Doe Library, Moffitt Library, or Main (Gardner) Stacks, go to the security desk at the south entrance on the first floor of Doe Library, and report it to the personnel on duty there. They will help you contact UCPD to file a report.