The Bancroft Library is recognized around the world for its special collections of historical materials. We also actively produce new materials.
The Bancroft Library is proud of many in-house publications, including:
- Bancroftiana, the newsletter published by the Friends of The Bancroft Library
- Keepsakes, produced in limited editions that are often the first publication of a rare manuscript, document, or painting owned by The Bancroft Library
- Special publications available for purchase through the Bancroft Store
Bancroft's research centers also produce scholarly publications.
- The Mark Twain Project prepares scholarly critical editions from materials held at the Papers and around the world.
- The Oral History Center regularly publishes new histories and curates exhibits.
- The Center for the Tebtunis Papyri maintains a database of papyrus documents, ostraca, and CTP articles.
The Bancroft Press Room is home to a studio course in which UC Berkeley students can learn the history of the hand-printed book. The limited editions they create using Bancroft's antique cast-iron presses—the Albion (ca. 1856) and the Reliance (ca. 1913)—appear under The Bancroft Library Press imprint.