Currently CLOSED for exhibit installation.
About the Bancroft Gallery
The Bancroft Gallery exhibits strive to highlight different aspects of The Bancroft Library collections. To showcase the breadth and depth of these holdings, exhibits change every three to four months.
The gallery does not provide docents or guides, but items displayed are labeled for self-guided tours.
For current exhibition information, please visit Current Exhibits.
Visiting the Gallery
The Bancroft Gallery is adjacent to The Bancroft Library's foyer, which is by the east entrance of Doe Annex. This entrance faces the Campanile Esplanade, a significant campus landmark.
The Bancroft Gallery is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The gallery is closed on weekends and administrative holidays.
Visits by School Groups
The Bancroft Gallery welcomes school groups, but please be aware that the gallery has limited space. The gallery can accommodate a maximum of twenty students at a time.
Students must be accompanied by at least two adults from their school.
Parking for buses (and cars) on the Berkeley campus is almost non-existent. Buses may drop groups off at the entrance to The Bancroft Library, but then must drive off campus to wait until it is time to return to pick up the passengers.
Helpful Links for Visitors
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call The Bancroft Library Administration Office at (510) 642-3781 for more information.
Please help keep the gallery clean and enjoyable for everyone by following these simple rules:
- Food and drink are not allowed inside under any circumstances.
- Photography of any kind is not allowed.
- All bags larger than 10x12x3 inches must be placed in the lockers
(purses, small shoulder bags, and very small backpacks are permissible).
- Visitors may not touch or lean on the exhibition cases.
- Visitors should not touch any exhibition item.
- Touching and leaning against the gallery walls are prohibited.
- Use of cell phones and electronic devices is prohibited in the gallery.
- The computer station may not be used for personal email or Internet browsing.