Login to Lynda
Students now have free access to thousands of courses and online videos covering software, technology, business and creative skills from this online learning platform! Lynda includes courses on Adobe and Microsoft tools (which are available at Berkeley via Software Central) and thousands of other trainings for developers, web design, audio and video production, and much more. (If the link above doesn't allow you to login via CalNet: Go to the Lynda organization sign in page, enter "berkeley.edu," and login with your CalNet credentials from on or off-campus.)
Check out the custom playlists of recommended courses and videos below, or browse the Lynda library on your own anytime!
Adobe Creative Cloud
The Adobe Creative Cloud is available for UC Berkeley students, staff, and faculty for both personal and institutionally-owned computers, via Software Central. Use CC apps to design logos, posters, brochures, ads, and more.
- Photoshop CC - Explore Photoshop CC 2018 from a design perspective. Learn how to leverage the popular program's tools and features to make your digital images look their best.
- Illustrator CC - Learn to use the world's leading illustration and vector drawing application—Adobe Illustrator—to create artwork for print, for the web, or for use in other applications.
- Premiere Pro CC - Get on the fast track to video editing with Premiere Pro CC.
- InDesign CC - Learn how to use the world's premiere page layout app, Adobe InDesign.
The most commonly-used Microsoft software is available to all faculty, staff, and students via Software Central.
- Excel - Learn the most important and powerful spreadsheet features of Excel for all uses.
- Powerpoint - Learn how to create, edit, and share presentations and slideshows with PowerPoint 2016.
- HTML - Learn how to write HTML, the programming language that powers the web.
- CSS - Explore the core technology used for styling content on the web—CSS. Learn what CSS is capable of doing and the basics you need to make it work for you.
Browse more Learning Paths
- Developing and Programming - Learn how to code, create, and build web applications, from the foundations of object-oriented programming in C and C++, to how to write Java. Developer tutorials can help you learn to develop and create mobile apps, work with PHP and MySQL databases, get started with the statistical processing language R, and much more.
- IT - Solve real-world practical computing issues and practice for certification exams. Dive into troubleshooting Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X; set up networks, servers, and client services; manage big data; and keep your organization's network secure.
- Design - In-depth design tutorials to help design a logo, create ebooks, or just learn how to use a Pen tool. Get to know Illustrator and InDesign, explore typography, and learn the nuances of designing for print.
- Web - Learn how to design and create a website with our web design tutorials. From hundreds of video courses, choose the right one to help you embed video, format text, design in CSS, create a content strategy, and analyze user experience design.
- Video production - Learn about videography and motion graphics, including tutorials on storyboarding, color correction, lighting, and video editing in After Effects, Premiere Pro, iMovie, and Final Cut Pro.
- Photography - Learn what you need with in-depth courses in photography: How to shoot photos that tell a story, choose the right gear, create a photo book, and more. Get tips on photo editing, studio photography, and lighting, too.
- 3D and Animation - Build 3D models, design virtual worlds, and create animations with our expert-led tutorials.
- Audio and Music - Expert-led audio tutorials show how to record and mix songs, make beats, play and customize software instruments, and use popular music production and sound engineering software like Avid Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, and more.
- CAD - Create drawings, prototypes, and manufacture-ready parts using computer-aided design (CAD). Learn drafting and architecture software like AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit Architecture, SOLIDWORKS—and design a building!
Student access to Lynda is available thanks to support from the Student Technology Fund!