The Library is pleased to announce new Library Undergraduate Fellowship opportunities for Spring 2018. These fellowships seek to promote peer-to-peer learning and mentorship opportunities in areas of digital scholarship and library research.
Applications for Spring 2018 are open until January 29, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Data Peer Advising Fellows
Provide leadership and peer support in the data sciences to undergraduates conducting research in an area such as data visualization, machine learning, text analysis, regression modeling, or other data science methods. For questions, contact Data Services Librarian, Josh Quan.
Digital Humanities Fellow
Provide peer support for digital scholarship to undergraduates in an area such as web design, multimedia production, network analysis, text analysis, digital archives, or other DH methods. For questions, contact Literatures and Digital Humanities Librarian, Stacy Reardon.
Provide leadership between the b.makerspace student clubs and staff in the Makerspace in Moffitt Library for workshops and peer support, create online training, inform the purchase of new equipment, and develop events for technologies such as 3D printing, virtual reality, and robotics. For questions, contact Learning and Research Communities Librarian, Jean Ferguson.
Library Research Fellow
Provide peer support for undergraduates in navigating the Library's wealth of resources, services, and spaces -- from finding a peer-reviewed article to understanding the nuances of primary sources. For questions, contact Head of Instruction Services, Nicole Brown.
Each fellow will receive:
- Stipend of $2,000
- Library skills and research training
- Public services and consultation training
- Networking opportunities with campus partners including D-Lab, Digital Humanities, Research IT, and others
- Mentorship and discovery opportunities
Each fellow will offer some combination of:
- Consultation hours in their field of expertise on the Moffitt 1st Floor
- Teach at least one workshop for undergraduates
- Creation of online instructional materials
- Participation in brown-bag discussion with librarians and campus partner staff
- About four hours per week of service for full semester
Eligibility: You must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at UC Berkeley with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 to serve as a Fellow.