Yes, as well as on many other other smartphones and internet-enabled handhelds, but you will usually need to to configure your mobile browser to the Library's Proxy
Server. Note: You must be using WiFi to connect to the Library Proxy Server and you must repeat these steps for each WiFi network to which you connect.On the iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Select the Wi-Fi Network to which you are connected.
- In the Wi-Fi Networks window, tap on the arrow to the right of your Wi-Fi network name.
- Your IP Address selection should be DHCP.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to HTTP Proxy.
- Select Auto.
- In the URL text box, enter: http://proxy.lib.berkeley.edu:7777/proxy.pac
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces
before or after the URL.
- If you're using an iPad, your software keyboard is probably still visible. Tap on the bottom right key to hide the keyboard and save the proxy URL setting.
- Go back to the home screen and open your web browser. When you come to a UC- or UCB-licensed resource, you will be asked for your CalNet login.
To configure your laptop off-campus or your desktop web browser, read our proxy setup instructions and troubleshooting