HathiTrust contains over 2.7 million fully viewable digital volumes, including books and journals important for student and faculty research
. Some volumes in the HathiTrust Digital Library, however, are only available to search and are not available for download or to view in full.
Downloading PDFs from HathiTrust
- Go to www.hathitrust.org*
- To limit your search to fully viewable items, check the box for Full view only from Catalog
- Select the full view link next to any item from your search results
- From the record view, select Download whole book (PDF) from the left column
- Click Login from the pop-up window.
- Choose the University of California, Berkeley from the drop down list and click Login
- Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase
- You will return to the full view record of the book. Select, once again, the Download whole book (PDF) link from the left column to download the PDF to your computer.
* You can also find HathiTrust volumes that are available for download through OskiCat or Melvyl.