Information for Visiting Scholars
The Library provides borrowing privileges and other services to our community of Visiting Scholars including:
- An initial loan of one month for monographs, and a maximum of 20 items at a time.
- Access to full-text online resources on campus and remotely via the proxy server.
- Free interlibrary loan.
- Access to fee-based Baker accounts (for document delivery).
Visiting Scholars must receive official appointments with a UC Berkeley Department or Organized Research Unit, and register with the Visiting Scholars and Postdoc Affairs (VSPA) Program.
- The University Services Fee for registering as a Visiting Scholar is $500.
- After registering with VSPA, the valid registration card should be taken to the Library Privileges Desk (Doe Library, floor 1) to obtain a Library Card.
The Library welcomes suggestions for titles to consider purchasing from visiting scholars.
- Use the Purchase Recommendation form to send us your suggestions.