Information for Alumni
Privileges and borrowing
- Alumni who do not have a library card are accorded the same privileges as visitors.
- Alumni of any University of California campus who have a paid membership in any of the ten campus alumni associations may obtain a UC Berkeley library card.
- Visit the California Alumni Association website to find out how to join.
- All applicants must provide proof of California residence and a current government-issued ID such as a driver's license or passport.
- Please bring your alumni association membership card and required identification to the Privileges Desk.
- The library borrowing card is good for the length of your annual membership.
- Lifetime alumni association members will receive cards with three-year terms.
- All cards must be renewed in-person as warranted by expiration date on the library card.
Available to Alumni with a library card:
- A maximum of 20 books charged out at any one time
- Access to most campus libraries (including Main (Gardner) Stacks and Moffitt Library)
- Reference assistance
- Databases, library catalogs and other educational resources via computers in the libraries
- Many library events
- Library exhibits
- Printing/scanning in the libraries
Not available to Alumni with a library card:
- Remote access to licensed databases, eJournals, ebooks, etc.
- Interlibrary borrowing
- Items on reserve for UC Berkeley students
- Art History/Classics Library
- Graduate Services
- Media Resources Center
Please consider becoming a Friend of The Library!