- Find course reserves in OskiCat - Bring the full call number to the reserves desk at the appropriate Library to check out a reserve item.
- Moffitt Library is where most print materials for undergraduates are put on reserve.
- eReserves - Some of your course materials may be available via your course site.
- bCourses - Login to your course in bCourses and select the Files link along the left side bar to access uploaded course materials. Other readings may be included as links in your bCourses syllabus.
- Place materials on course reserve - Instructions and required forms to place items on reserve in various library locations.
- Contact Moffitt Library for help placing material on reserve.
- Course Readings in bCourses - Information about uploading course materials to learning management systems, including copyright and fair use.
Using course reserves
- Course reserves can be checked out from circulation desks at campus libraries.
- Most reserves have a 2 hour loan; some reserves are 1 day or 1 week.
- Only Moffitt Library allows holds and renewals for reserves. All other libraries will allow borrowers to check out an item again in 15 minutes if no one else requests it in that time; if there are multiple copies the borrower may check it out again immediately without waiting.
- Borrowers may check out any number of course reserve items at a time but are encouraged to be judicious in respect for other students who need reserves also.
- All reserves checked out from campus libraries must be returned to that circulation desk by the time they are due.
- Take care to note when items are due. Borrowers are charged late fees for overdue items, since late returns deprive other students from access to the required materials. These fines cannot be waived or appealed. At the maximum fine, the borrower’s account is blocked and the borrower must pay the full bill to be cleared.
- For borrowers who observe the loan periods and return procedures, course reserves is a free service.