Disability resources - Physical disabilities
Upon request, staff can assist you with:
- Using the library catalogs OskiCat and Melvyl to research a topic.
- Pulling books from stacks and shelves (may be on delayed basis).
- Extending loan periods or modifying rules (when possible).
- Calling another library to confirm the availability of library resources
- All libraries have at least one wheelchair accessible workstation
- The entry level (floor 3) of Moffitt Library has:
- Workstations labeled with disabled access priority
- Workstations equipped with trackballs and mice
- Workstations equipped with adjustable height tables
- Monitors set to 800 x 600 resolution
Proxy Borrower Cards
- UC Berkeley students, faculty and staff with a mobility disability may be eligible for a proxy borrower card.
- A proxy borrower card permits a specified friend or attendant to borrow library materials for you.
- Apply for a proxy borrower card via the Proxy card application form.
- Pick up the proxy borrower card at the Privileges Desk (Doe Library, floor 1).