Today, many of us can find it hard to imagine how we would conduct our life's activities without the resources affording by the internet. However, there are many techniques and tricks for getting the most out the internet and avoiding the pitfalls.
Curious? You can view the Library's comprehensive, award-winning tutorials online at no charge. These tutorials cover a host of topics, including:
- State of the art search strategies for any interest
- How Google thinks, and how to "Google to the Max"
- A guide to research quality directories such as the Librarians' Index to the Internet and InfoMine. These directories help to locate hand-picked best sites by subject, and to find the "Invisible Web" often not accessed by search engines.
- Techniques for selected and using a search engine, and for evaluating the information you find
- A glossary of internet and Web jargon