Comprehensive Sites | Sites
Organized by Region or Affiliation | Statistics | Finance and Trade Elections
and Other Current Events | Rulers | Legislative
Bodies | Constitutions, Laws, Treaties | Diplomacy National Libraries | Reference
- Governments on the WWW, Gunnar Anzinger
- Foreign Governments, Government Publications and Maps, Northwestern Univ.
- Political Resources on the Net, Roberto Cicciomessere, Agorà Telematica
- Political Science Resources, Richard Kimber, Univ. of Keele
- African Country-Specific Pages, Ali B. Ali-Dinar, African Studies Center, Univ. of Pennsylvania
- Asian Studies WWW Virtual Library (includes Oceania), Dr. T. Matthew Ciolek, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National Univ.
- Canadian Government Information on the Internet, Anita Cannon, Mount Allison University, and Canadian Depository Services Program
- The Commonwealth, the Commonwealth Secretariat
- European Governments On-line, Europa, the European Union Online
- Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, Dr. Ning Lin, Institute of Latin American Studies, Univ. of Texas at Austin
- Middle East Network Information Center, Dr. Abraham Marcus, Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Univ. of Texas at Austin
- Russian and East European Resources by Country, Anna Rakityanskaya, Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies, Univ. of Texas at Austin
- Statistical agencies
(International), U.S. Census Bureau
- National Statistical Agencies and Offices, Penn State
- InfoNation, United Nations
- Foreign Trada Data, U.S. Census Bureau
- Globus & National Trade Data Bank, STAT-USA - UCB Only
- Staff Country Reports, International Monetary Fund
- Country Profiles and Reports, Economist Intelligence Unit - UCB Only
- Foreign exchange values (against the U.S. dollar), 12 noon New York time, Federal Reserve Bank of N.Y.
- Universal Currency Converter, Xenon Laboratories Inc.
- The Electoral Web Sites,Wilfried Derksen, Agorà Telematica
- Election Data Resources on the Internet, Manuel Álvarez-Rivera, University of Pittsburgh
- Election Calendar, Klipsan Press
- Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets, U.S. Dept. of State
- Foreign News, International Legislators Project LegNet
- Global Newsbank, NewsBank InfoWeb - UCB Only
- World News Connection, National Technical Information Service - UCB Only
- Political Collections, Roberto Ortíz de Zárate
- Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments, U.S. Central Itelligence Agency
- Web Sites of National Parliaments, Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Web Sites on National Parliaments, Steven Smith, University of Minnesota
- Government Links, International Legislators Project LegNet
- Constitution Finder, John Paul
Jones, T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond
and International Law Resources on the Internet: Annotated, Charlotte
Bynum, Cornell Law Library
Government Constitutions, Laws and Treaties, Grace York, University of
Michigan Documents Center
- Guide to Foreign
and International Legal Databases, Mirela Roznovschi, NYU Law Library
- The EmbassyWeb, infoCatch
- Worldwide Directory
of Government Contacts, Tagish Ltd.
- U.S. Embassies and Other Diplomatic
Missions, U.S. State Dept.
- Diplomatic List (foreign
missions in the United States), U.S. State Dept.
- Key Officers of Foreign
Service Posts, U.S. State Dept.
- National Libraries, Yahoo
- WWW Accessible National and
Major Libraries of the World, International Federation of Library Associations
- World Factbook, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency
- Background Notes, U.S. State Dept.
- Country Studies, U.S. Library of Congress
- Annual Report, Amnesty International
- Ethnologue (catalog of languages and their geographic distribution), Summer Institute of Linguistics
- National Symbols and Songs, Yahoo
- National Holidays list, U.S. State Dept.
- Search Engine Colossus,
International Directory of Search Engines