- California Environmental Resources Evaluation System (CERES) [California Natural Resources Agency]
- Climatewire - Climate news
- Encyclopedia of Earth: Climate Change, NCSE.
- Envirofacts - Environmental information and data [EPA]
- Science.gov - A gateway to scientific information produced by US government agencies
- World Resources Institute - Information on climate, energy, food, forests, cities & transport, more.
Consider the relationship between society and the environment; case studies of ecosystem maintenance and disruption. Issues of economic development, population, energy, resources, technology, and alternative systems.
- Write your research topic as a question, subject idea or thesis statement.
Example: What are the environmental impacts related to climate change?
- List the main concepts.
Climate, Environment, Global Warming, Human Health problems, Economy
- List key words, phrases, synonyms, & alternative terms to search: - Be Creative.
El nino, tsunami, snowfall, draught, tropics, hurricanes, carbon footprint, co2 emissions, decline in polar bears, acification of oceans, Coral bleaching, threat to human health, air quality
- Remember to include other collections and disciplines: Bioscience
- Sample searches:
climate change or ocean or sea or planet
climate change and coral
climate change and (forest fire)