UC Berkeley Resources
Copyright Regulations and Resources. see Fair Use link.
Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for Electronic Resource (pdf)=
Copyright Resources at UC Berkeley
Copyright in Teaching, Research and Publishing. UC Berkeley Library
Creative Commons, Science. What is this?
PARC. Scholarly Publishing and Academic Research Coalition
Manage Your Rights -- UC Berkeley Scholarly Communication. cover issues, proposed changes, & new models
UC University of California Copyright information and linkS
UC Office of Scholarly Communication. Reshaping Scholarly Communication
- OPEN - freely available, no copyright transfer, = PloS, BioMed Central
- FREE - after an embargo period, the publisher makes the article available, = PNAS, JBC and Highwire Press Publishers.
- HYBRID or PARTIAL PAYMENT - option to pay to make the article freely available on publication, = AIP Author Select, Oxford, Royal society. - PUBLIC - freely available as a result of a funding agency mandate, NSF or NIH. = PubMed as a result of the NIH mandate.
Funding Open Access Article Publication
- BRII. Berkeley Research Impact Initiative. BRII funding will cover some of the costs of open access fees.
- UC Memberships provide a reduced price.
- HHMI support is available.
- Directory of Online Journals (DOJA): http://www.doaj.org
- Sherpa/Romeo: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo Publishers: check each for copyright & self-archivng policies
Find Quantitative Information about Journals:
Copyright, Open Access - Funding sources
• BRII. Berkeley Research Impact Initiative, funding for authors publishing in open access journals
• Copyright Resources & Regulations at UC Berkeley
• Copyright in Teaching, Research and Publishing. UC Berkeley Library
• OASIS. Open Access Scholarly Information Sourcebook
• UC Berkeley Library, Scholarly Communication. covers issues & new models.
• UC University of California Copyright information and links.
• California Digital Library, Data Management Guide; guidelines & tools to manage & preserve data