On campus wireless access use: Airbears 2: wireless access on campus.
Off-campus access to many resources is limited to current UCB faculty, staff and students.
To access these resources from off-campus, please use one of the following:
The proxy server is a computer on campus that will re-route your requests for licensed resources after authenticating you as a Berkeley student, faculty or staff member. You must configure your web browser in order to use it.
Proxy changes: Recent changes in the proxy server may have affected some users; see the Library's Proxy Server FAQ. iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch proxy server setup instructions.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
The VPN is a software program that will establish a "tunnel" to our campus network, allowing you to access a broader variety of licensed resources.
Interlibrary Loan Services
For UC Berkeley faculty, students and staff
- BAKER: fee-based document and book delivery service for UCB faculty, staff, graduate students, and UCOP staff.
- Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP): Directly borrow materials from Stanford and UT Austin. Check RLCP website for eligibility.
- Copyright information: UC Berkeley, UC system-wide
For non-UC Berkeley users and institutions
- Interlibrary lending of original material: provides access to the holdings of the UC Berkeley Libraries to institutional borrowers in the United States and Canada.
- Photoduplication services: provides access to the holdings of the UC Berkeley Libraries to institutions and the general public.
- Special Library Access document delivery services: provides access to the resources of the UC Berkeley Libraries for libraries, information centers, corporations, and other organizations on a subscriber basis.
Baker Document Delivery
Baker is a fee based Document Delivery Service for UCB faculty, staff, graduate students, and UCOP staff with current UCB library cards. To use Baker you must have a Baker account (see below).
Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP)
The Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP) is a reciprocal agreement among the libraries at University of California at Berkeley, Stanford University, and the University of Texas at Austin.
The program makes the library esources of these three institutions available to faculty, currently registered graduate students, and academic staff, allowing them to request and receive material quickly and efficiently through unmediated requests, interlibrary loan, or on-site visits.Visiting scholars and undergraduates are not eligible for RLCP.
Get Started - NST
Current UCB faculty, students, staff and patrons in the library have access to licensed resources & material such as journals (print & electronic),books (print & electronic), databases, indexes, data and citation management software.[NST guide]