Data Repositories and more
Integrative Biology and the Environment - Data Repositories - selected of websites.
To find additional data repositories:
Open Access Directory of Data Repositories [Simmons University]
DataBib [Institute of Museum and Library Services]
• Data Conservancy Organization - (NSF) collect, organize, & preserve data.
• Many Eyes: data visualization tools from IBM.
• Data Management & Publishing Checklist, MIT
• NSF Division of Institution & Award Support
US Naval Observatory (USNO) - Oceanography Portal: includes a range of astronomical data and products, & serves as the official source of time for the U.S. Department of Defense & a standard of time for the entire United States.
Data Management Basics
NSF Data Management Plan Requirements: Proposals submitted or due on or after January 18, 2011, must include a supplementary document of no more than two pages labeled “Data Management Plan”.
Collaboration, accessibility and transparency are necessary for data management in modern science. Science.gov, NSF, NIH and other federal agencies mandate data plans with grant proposals.
Start with this list:
---- Make a plan to store your data
---- Find the right medium to store your data
---- Develop a system to organize your data
---- Make sure that your data has easy access
---- Make sure that your data is safe and secure.
Use the following links for UC Berkeley, University of California, links to federal sites, copyright and more.
University of California Resources
1. UC3, University of California Curation Center - UC/California Digital Library
2. EZID: create a persistant DOI or ARK. ~long term, unique identifiers. (UC/CDL).
Berkeley researchers can request a free account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. DMPTool: Manage Your Data - develop a Data Management Plan, see Funder Requirements (CDL)
4. Scientific Data Services -- Science Libraries @ UC Berkeley - guide to our services.
5. UC Berkeley Data Services Management, IST. See comparative table.