You can suggest items that the Library should consider purchasing.
Use the Purchase Recommendation form to submit your suggestion.
Finding Books and Ebooks
Use OskiCat to search the UC Berkeley Libraries for materials related to your topic, including books, e-books, government publications, and audio and video recordings. OskiCat will show you the location and availability of the items that we own.
Use Melvyl to locate materials related to your topic located at other campuses in the UC system. Melvyl also allows you to expand your search to libraries worldwide. After you conduct a search, check the Books option under Formats in the left column to limit your results to books.
Find a book owned by another UC campus? Clicking on the Request button in the detailed view of the Melvyl record will allow you to request the item through our Interlibrary Lending Services (if we do not own it).
Search the Catalogs
- ASTM Digital Library. UCB only. Full-text e-access to ASTM Standards, Special Technical Pubs & manuals.
- Cambridge Books Online. UCB only.
- CRCnetBASE. UCB only. ~handbooks, scientific & technical resources, search keyword or browse by subject area, PHYSICS.
- eBrary. UCB only. Collection of ebooks - click science or physics & astronomy collections.
- IEEE ebooks. UCB only. Includes 400+ ebooks.
- Knovel Library. UCB only
- Oxford Scholarship Online. UCB only. selected physics & astronomy titles
- Royal Society of Chemistry eBook collection. UCB only
- ScienceDirect eBooks. UCB only. (Elsevier). Cick Physics and Astronomy. Use OskiCat or Melvyl to locate a print copy.
- SPIE Digital Library - proceedings, journals, and ebooks. The Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE)
- Springer ebooks. (SpringerLink) UCB only.
Search SpringerLink for series titles .Lecture Notes in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Topics in Current Chemistry, & Landolt-Bornstein.
- Wiley Online Library: use search or browse by subject, astronomy or physics.