Google Scholar and UC e-links
- Set up your proxy server access by following the directions at http://proxy.lib.berkeley.edu/. When you get to a point where you are accessing resources that the Library pays for, you will be prompted for your CalNet ID and password.
- Change your “Scholar Preferences.” Access these by clicking on the link next to the search box.
- In search box next to "Library Links," type in University of California Berkeley and click on “Find Library”
- Check box next to "University of California Berkeley - UC-eLinks
- Click on "Save Preferences" at bottom of page
Off-campus Access to Library Resources
Before you can access UCB Library resources from off campus or via your laptop or other mobile devices, make sure you have configured your machine using one of two simple methods (Proxy Server is the quickest and easiest):
After you make a one-time change in your web browser settings, the proxy server will ask you to log in with a CalNet ID when you click on the link to a licensed resource. See the setup instructions, FAQ, and Troubleshooting pages to configure your browser. Make sure you check the proxy configuration before you start researching.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
After you install and run the VPN "client" software on your computer, you can log in with a CalNet ID to establish a secure connection with the campus network. NOTE: VPN is necessary if using EndNote.