Library guides for French
Use subject guides and topical bibliographies, course guides, tip sheets, and general guides, created by librarians and library staff, to discover approaches to research.
- French 140B Course Research Guide (PDF, 3 pages)
- French Cinema in the Media Resources Center
French history/culture, Francophone Africa, experimental, and avant-garde videos and DVDs.
- *Research Guide for French and Francophone Literature (PDF, 21 pages, rev. 4/11)
A few questions to finish
Fill out this quick survey to finish up the class. thanks!
Chat and email reference
Go to the research help page to have librarians answer your questions online:
- 24/7 Chat Reference
- Email Reference
- Phone Reference
- Library Liaisons (for in-depth, upper-level research)
- Oh, and there's always the reference desk too!
Research Advisory Service
Research Advisory Service for Cal Undergraduates
You can book a 30-minute appointment with a librarian who will help refine and focus your research, identify useful online and print sources, and develop search strategies for humanities and social sciences topics.