Off-campus access to library resources
You can access UCB Library resources from off campus or via your laptop or other mobile device using one of two simple methods:
After you make a one-time change in your web browser settings, the proxy server will ask you to log in with a CalNet ID or Library PIN when you click on the link to a licensed resource. See the setup instructions, FAQ, and Troubleshooting pages to configure your browser.
Printing and Scanning in the Libraries
All libraries on campus are equipped with "bookscan stations," which allow you to scan documents and save them to a USB drive, OR to scan documents and then send them to a printer. In order to scan documents, you must have the following:
- A Cal 1 Card, with money loaded onto the debit account (go here to make a deposit to your Cal 1 Card account). This is not the same as meal plan points! Your Cal 1 Card debit account is a separate fund on your card.
- A USB drive (you cannot email a scanned document from a bookscan station; you must save your document to a USB drive)
- Scanning and saving to a USB drive is 5 cents a page for students.
- Scanning documents and sending them to the printer is 10 cents a page for students. Color printing is 60 cents a page.
In order to print from any of the public computers in the libraries, you must have the following:
- A Cal 1 Card, with money loaded onto the debit account (see above)
- A document that's on the Web or attached to your email (the public computers in the libraries will not open files from a USB or other drive)
- Printing is 10 cents a page for students (black and white), color printing is 60 cents a page.
Have more questions? There's more info here.