Dictionaries, Encyclopedias and Annual Reviews in Psychology
- Handbook of Psychology
- Corsini Enclyclopedia of Psychology
- APA Handbook of Research Methods in Psychology
- Sage Handbooks of Qualitative and Quantitative Research in Psychology
- Dictionary of Psychology from Oxford Reference Online
- DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
- Encyclopedia of the Sciences of Learning (Educational Psychology)
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences provides scholarly overviews on various topics in psychology.
- Annual Reviews in Psychology and Annual Reviews in Clinical Psychology are good starting places -- they provide literature reviews of important and emerging areas of research.
- Handbook of Social Psychology and Handbook of Adolescent Psychology
BASIC Libraries at UC
Education Psychology Library - 2600 Tolman Hall.
Circulation: (510) 642-4209. Reference: (510) 642-2475
Social Welfare Library - 227 Haviland Hall.
Circulation and Reference: (510) 642-4432
DOE Library- Central Campus
Circulation: (510) 643-4331. Reference: (510)-642-6657
Bioscience Library - 2101 Valley Life Sciences Building # 6500.
Circulation: (510) 642-2531. Reference: (510) 642-0456
Public Health Library - 1 University Hall, #7360
Circulation and Reference: (510) 642-2511
Find articles and e-books
Core index to articles in psychology.
Indexes journals in the field of medicine and psychiatry.
Web of Science
Includes the Science and Social Sciences Citation Index. These let you find "forward citations" -- update your research by finding articles that cite an article.
Books (E-books and print)
WorldCat Catalog of catalogs of US libraries
OskiCat Catalog of the UC Berkeley Library
Melvyl Catalog of the UC Libraries
E-books in cognitive and brain sciences published by MIT.
Contains the DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) and several full-text psychiatry journals.
Full text of books from 2009 to present published by the APA.
Springer Electronic Book Package
E-books in many fields including Psychology. (These e-books are also listed by title in Melvyl.)
Wiley eBook Collection. E-books in many fields including psychology. (These e-books are also listed by title in Melvyl.)
Have a citation? Go directly to the article! Use Citation Linker.
Get immediate access to journal articles, books and other publications (or request them when they are not available) by entering a title and other citation information.
When a publication is available online: The UC-eLinks window will provide a link to the publisher's web site that should contain the full text of the publication if UC (systemwide or your home campus) subscribes to the electronic version of the publication.
When a publication is not available online: The UC-eLinks window will offer other options such as the ability to check campus library holdings in the Melvyl Catalog (and where you can sometimes find that items ARE available online), or to Request the item via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) if UC (systemwide or your home campus) does not subscribe to the electronic version of the publication.