Doe | Moffitt | Main Stacks
The Berkeley library system is arranged by subject. This translates to the focus of individual libraries, how books are shelved, how to the library website arranged, and even how to get help.
Most libraries names tell their story. Doe, Moffitt, and the Gardner Main Stacks (which connects them) share the broadest subject focus in the UCB library system. Because they are named after people, the focus is less immediately apparent.
- focus = Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences (floor plans)
Art History Classics Library
3rd floor of Doe (hours | contact information)
This library was established to house core collections related to upper division graduate classes taught within this library's seminar rooms.
Undergraduates requiring items in the AHC collections, not available elsewhere at UCB, can request a one-day pass.
- passes are issued in the AHC library
- students should present staff with the call number of the item(s) needed
- materials must be used on-site
- printing and scanning is available
* Note: the majority of the circulating fine arts and classics related collections are housed in the Gardner Stacks. These materials are freely accessible and can generally be borrowed. *
Click on the image below to view an interactive version of the campus library map.
- Printable PDF version
Off-campus access to e-resources
Unless home is a campus dorm, in order to access many Library resources you must first configure your computer to use one of two simple access methods:Read more