Dictionaries, Encyclopedias and Annual Reviews in Psychology
- Handbook of Psychology
- Corsini Enclyclopedia of Psychology
- Dictionary of Psychology from Oxford Reference Online
- DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
- Encyclopedia of the Sciences of Learning (Educational Psychology)
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences provides scholarly overviews on various topics in psychology.
- Annual Reviews in Psychology and Annual Reviews in Clinical Psychology are good starting places -- they provide literature reviews of important and emerging areas of research.
- Handbook of Social Psychology and Handbook of Adolescent Psychology
Writing and Research Guides
- Effective Writing in Psychology: Papers, Posters, and Presentations, 2nd Edition.
- APA Handbook of Research Methods in Psychology
Vol. 1: Foundations, planning, measures and psychometrics
Vol. 2: Research designs: quantitative, qualitative, neuropsychological and biological
Vol. 3: Data analysis and research publication
- Sage Handbooks of Qualitative and Quantitative Research in Psychology
UC eLinks and Citation Linker
Sometimes the database you search doesn't link to the fulltext -- it only gives the citation. Click the button to see if Berkeley has it online, and if not, it will check for a print version. And if we don't have it at all, it lets you request it through Interlibrary Loan.
What if there isn't a button??? Sometimes you find an article in a bibliography, a book or a footnote -- and you want to see if we have it. The Citation Linker searches through our online databases to see if it's available fulltext. If not, it sets up a search for the paper journal in Melvyl. And if we don't have it at Berkeley, it lets you request it through Interlibrary Loan.
Find articles and e-books
Core index to articles in psychology.
Indexes journals in the field of medicine and psychiatry.
Web of Science
Includes the Science and Social Sciences Citation Index. These let you find "forward citations" -- update your research by finding articles that cite an article.
Books (E-books and print)
WorldCat Catalog of catalogs of US libraries
OskiCat Catalog of the UC Berkeley Library
Melvyl Catalog of the UC Libraries
E-books in cognitive and brain sciences published by MIT.
Contains the DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) and several full-text psychiatry journals.
Full text of books from 2009 to present published by the APA.
Springer Electronic Book Package
E-books in many fields including Psychology. (These e-books are also listed by title in Melvyl.)
Wiley eBook Collection. E-books in many fields including psychology. (These e-books are also listed by title in Melvyl.)