To find books, DVDs, maps, sound recordings, manuscripts, and much more - everything except articles - use a library catalog.
OskiCat = most UC Berkeley libraries
MELVYL = all UC campus libraries, including all UC Berkeley libraries
What's the difference? more details here
For each item make sure you know the name of the physical library, call number, and whether or not it's checked out, library use only, etc.
Sample Searches - OskiCat
1. a keyword search; find other search terms
keywords: italian* mass media
* = truncation symbol/wildcard: child* = child, childs, children, childish, childhood...
2. finding literary criticism
hemingway farewell to arms criticism and interpretation
highsmith criticism and interpretation
- modify your searches or use advanced keyword searches to limit to English, to specific years of publication, to a library location, by format (videos, maps, etc.)
- save items to a list and e-mail the list to yourself
- make sure you know the library location, call number and availability (checked out or not?) of the item(s) you want
- 11 million items and 20+ libraries not enough? Try MELVYL, catalog for 10 UC campuses!