Do a quick search
The Library offers over 100 e-book and e-text collections in specific subject areas. E-books in collections marked * are also available through OskiCat and Melvyl. You can limit your search in OskiCat to "Available online," and in Melvyl to "Online resources."
- Chinamaxx Digital Library (humanities and social sciences books in Chinese)
- CRCnetBASE * (sciences)
- Early English Books Online (literature)
- Humanities E-Book Project * (humanities)
- Oxford Scholarship Online (political science, religion, philosophy, physics)
- Safari Tech Books Online * (computers)
- Springer Electronic Book Package * (Melvyl only; sciences and social sciences)
- Complete list...
OskiCat lists books, journal titles (but not individual articles), videos, and other materials in the UC Berkeley libraries. You can also log into "My OskiCat" to renew or request items. You can now send book locations and call numbers directly to your cell phone [here's how].
Melvyl covers all the UC campus libraries, and shows which libraries worldwide have an item. It also lists some journal articles.
For more information, see our Guide to Library Catalogs.
"I found a book - now what?"
You can check out books from most libraries on campus with your Cal 1 Card. Here's information on borrowing, renewing, returning, overdue materials, etc.