To find books, DVDs, maps, sound recordings, manuscripts, and much more - everything except articles - use a library catalog.
OskiCat = most UC Berkeley libraries
MELVYL = all UC campus libraries, including all UC Berkeley libraries
What's the difference? more details here
For each item make sure you know the name of the physical library, call number, and whether or not it's checked out, library use only, etc.
Sample Searches in OskiCat
Sample searches in OskiCat or MELVYL
look at the full record for an item and try using official subject headings:
subject: sports economic aspects
* = truncation or wildcard symbol; child* - child, childs, children, childish, childhood...
- you may limit your results to Berkeley
- to borrow materials owned by other campuses, use the Request button
in most library catalogs you may:
- modify your searches or use Advanced searching to limit results to English, specify years of publication, limit to a library location, limit to a format (videos, manuscripts, etc.)
- save items to a list and e-mail the list to yourself