To find books, DVDs, maps, sound recordings, manuscripts, and much more - everything except articles - use a library catalog.
OskiCat = most UC Berkeley libraries
MELVYL = all UC campus libraries, including all UC Berkeley libraries
What's the difference? more details here
For each item make sure you know the name of the physical library, call number, and whether or not it's checked out, library use only, etc.
1. keywords: psycholog* discrimination
african american* spirituals
african american* slave* christian*
* = truncation/wildcard child* = child, childs, children, childhood, childish, etc.
2. keywords: contact zones
click on the titles of relevant items, look at official subject headings, redo your search:
subject: indians first contact with european
check out advanced search (modifying by language, library, type of library material...)
Note: when searching by titles, leave off initial articles ( "the" and "a")
Try out these OskiCat features:
- save items to a list you can e-mail/download/print
- place a recall request online
- request items from storage (NRLF)
- view a list of items you have checked out
- send call numbers to your cell phone (see below)
- receive alerts of new items that match your search terms ("preferred search")