Freedom of speech and privacy are essential in maintaining and upholding academic freedom. The UC Berkeley Library respects and upholds the privacy of transactions and communications, whether electronic, paper, telephone, or face-to-face.
UC Berkeley Library
What to do if you are approached by the FBI or the Police
- Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Electronic Information
- UC Berkeley Library Policy on Protected Personal Information
UC Berkeley Campus-wide
- UC Berkeley Guidelines for Use of Campus Network Data Reports
- UC Berkeley Final Report of the USA Patriot Act Steering Committee
- UC-wide Libraries Privacy Web Site
The UC Libraries take the collection of personally identifiable information required to provide services very seriously. On this page you will find links to Privacy Legislation, UC Policies, links for further research, and contact information.